October 1, 2012

31 Days : Day 1

31 days blog button

This month, I’m linking up with The Nester for the 31 days of blogging.  I never do these link ups, but I am (clearly) in need of some inspiration, and I decided, on a whim, to do this.  I decided about 4 hours ago, actually.  And then I realized I had to make a blog button to post on her page.  That was fun.  And now I have a new skill :)  Thank you, Google!

So, the point of the 31 days of blogging is basically to write about one topic for the entire 31 days of October.  I’m choosing to write about my everyday life.  Like a Dear Diary, or journal, of sorts.  When I think about my blog as a whole, my very favorite parts are those days when I just wrote what I had been up to, or what funny thing happened that day.  I want to get back to doing that more often.  So I’m starting now :)  If people find it boring, or monotonous, that’s fine.  I’m doing this for me.  And that’s not to say that I won’t find it boring or monotonous myself!  Haha.  But, I’m vowing to stick with it for the entire 31 days, not matter how boring my days are.

Today was one of those days where I constantly wish I didn’t have to work.  Cooper woke up in the best mood, and when I pulled into the parking lot at his school, he said “no! home!” :( Break my heart.  Luckily, even when he says that, which is rare, he doesn’t put up a fight or cry when he realizes that he does, in fact, have to go to school.

So he followed suit today, and went on into school, Scout in hand (he has a newfound obsession with that talking, singing dog), and greeted his teacher.  He is always one of the first there, and his teacher says that he helps her comfort the kids who come in upset.  I love that about him.  He always wants everyone to be happy.

Once he was settled, I was off to work.  Since it’s the first of the month, I had lots to do today.  I have a lot of monthly reports and analyses to pull together.  It’s not hard work, just time consuming.  Kind of boring, actually.  See, that’s why I often have a hard time with working full time.  I’m not busy enough to keep my mind off of it.  I struggle with it most days, although I rarely talk about it.  It’s not anything that I get upset or cry about, but I do struggle with the fact that I FEEL like I should be home with Cooper.  Maybe not full time, but more than I am now. 

Add to that the fact that we COULD make it work, if we decided to, it’s just hard.  But, Lee has really never been on board with it (NOT that I’m blaming him, I’m definitely not putting that on him, just noting it), and I’d rather not start a fight about something that probably won’t even come to fruition.  So I just don’t bring it up.

Wow.  That was a fun tangent.  ANYway.  Woe is me, I have to work.  Blah blah.

I worked on my reports and stayed at my desk for most of the day.  My co-workers and I chatted and caught up on our weekends throughout the day.  We all sit closely, and we’re in a little pod-like thing, where our cubes open to each other, so it’s easy to have conversations throughout the day.  I like that.  Although I tend to be more chatty than them.  They still let me talk too much, and I appreciate it.  They also let me talk nonstop about Cooper, so that’s nice :)

I ate lunch at my desk.  I’m SO boring guys.  Really.  We are all doing this 30 detox at work, so we eat super boring things at our desks.  Think smoothies, free range chicken, organic veggies.  I have to admit that I’ve ben cheating on it lately.  But they don’t know that.  Well, some do, but not the 2 that are hard core on it.

I only had one meeting today, a one on one with my boss that we have every week.  I am really lucky with my team at work.  My boss is awesome and I have fun with them all.

A friend of mine, Brooke, posted on FB about Thomas the Train coming to OKC, so I texted with her because I thought about taking Cooper over the weekend.  But, then I saw the prices, and I thought it was kind of expensive, and Lee and I hadn’t really planned on it, so we decided to go next time.  I think he comes fairly regularly.  It will be better if we plan to go.  Cooper will freak!  He loves trains. 

About 4, I decided I was done for the day and wasted the last 30 minutes of my workday cleaning out my email and reading a blog or two.  At 4:30 I was out the door.  I work 7:30-4:30.  Lee works 7-4, and he picks Cooper up each afternoon.

Today, I had to go to Whole Foods after work.  It’s kind of a drive from our house, so it’s more convenient (although not actually convenient) for me to go after work.  I always get sucked in by the cheese at that place, but today I did good and only got what was on my list!

When I got home, Cooper was waiting for me at the door.  Lee said that he had not been good, and I figured as much when I saw that none of Coop’s toys were in his playroom.  Cooper’s punishments come in the form of taking away toys.  We’ve tried everything else, time outs, spankings (don’t judge), etc.  Nothing bothers him, except to get his toys taken away.

I held Cooper and asked him if he had been getting into trouble and he said “toys taken away”.  Haha.  Yeah buddy.

I made dinner while Cooper basically whined and cried about every little thing.  Then he refused to eat, so Lee and I sat down to a lovely dinner with the music of a screaming toddler in the background.  We ignored him until he said he wanted to eat.  Then he shocked me and ate broccoli, peppers, and brown rice for dinner.  This child doesn’t eat any of those things.  I told him how proud I was, and he got jell-o for dinner, although he would have preferred a “sucka”.

Then it was time for bath and bed.  I gave him a bath, which didn’t last long because he had a cut on his ankle (from throwing his fit during dinner probably), so he wanted to get out.  He got medicine and a band aid, but he never did stop talking about it, ha!

Lee always puts him to bed.  So I got Coop in his jammies, read one book, then it was Daddy time.  No matter how good or bad of a day we’ve had, I always give a big sigh of relief when I close his bedroom door at night.  I don’t know what that says about me!

Then I worked on making a blog button, and here I am writing WAY too much about my day.  But, that’s okay.  I’ll probably last about 30 more minutes before hitting the hay.  Oh, I dread that 5am alarm….

1 comment:

Ashley said...

ha.I loved reading this.
Im in the same boat- we COULD make it work if I stayed home, but there would be NO extras. I wouldnt be able to go anywhere and we'd be stuck at home, so eh. And, A thinks a double income is safer.