September 29, 2010
- You know how they say that you never know how much you love something until it's gone? Well, it's true. I LOOOOOVE my new computer!! No more Mac, I am a PC all the way :)
- I have been working on a lot of things for Cooper's first birthday. I know that is it utterly ridiculous since he's not even 4 months old yet. But I NEED a creative outlet and this is the only thing I have right now. I've been thinking about opening an Etsy shop for a long time, but I never could focus on what one thing I would do. But, I think I might think about doing party supplies. We'll see..... I'm afraid that no one would ever buy anything from me and then I'd be a big loser.
- If I could have one talent it would be singing. I wish that I could carry a tune at all. Cooper love for you to sing to him but I only do it when I'm alone with him because it's just that bad.
- The weather here has been GORGEOUS lately! Highs in the upper 70's. Yesterday I walked around downtown during lunch and it was prefect! I didn't want to go back in the building.
- While I was walking, I discovered that my pumps are way more comfortable than my flats. That just doesn't make sense at all.
- We started watching this new show on Fox. It's called LoneStar. I've only seen the first episode, the second is waiting on the DVR, but so far, I love it!
- If I could eat one thing for the rest of my life, it would be Pioneer Woman's chicken spaghetti and slightly underbaked chocolate chip cookies :)
September 28, 2010
These are my favorites right now. It really changes soo often for me because when I like a song, I tend to PLAY IT ON REPEAT until I hate it because I've listened to it so much, ha.
1. Heartless by Kris Allen. Yes, it's the Kanye song, but Kris's version of it. He sang it on Idol, what was it, 2 years ago? A year and a half? No idea, but I recently rediscovered it on my playlist and I loooove it again. You've gotta listen to this version if you haven't heard it. I've been PLAYING IT ON REPEAT when running. It's kind of a random running song but whatever man.
2. Already Gone by Kelly Clarkson. Haha, I just realized these are both AI alums! This is the song that has the same music as Beyonce's Halo. But, just between you and me? I can't stand Halo. Just not a fan. But I love Kelly's song, I could PLAY IT ON REPEAT if I owned it but I do not, sadly. I should fix that.
Happy Tuesday friends! I'm having a crappy week at work but I hope you're not! :)
September 27, 2010
September 24, 2010
Jessica has been doing a bi-weekly post called What's in Your Fridge? Friday, and I have finally gotten around to taking pics of my fridge so that I can join in the fun! You can go on over to her blog and join in too, and while you're at it, check out her latest giveaway, it's pretty awesome :)
I also got to make a collage on Picnik for the first time! Yay, it was really fun and I'm sure these were the first of many.
This is what's in the door:
Cheese, butter, smart balance buttery spread (no this definitely does not count as butter!), LOTS of condiments, a bottle of wine that is uh, really old and needs to be thrown out, 3 types of coffee, and some sugar free JellO pudding and gelatin snack packs.
Here's what's in the main part:
September 23, 2010
I was really weird about how I didn't want it to be too "babyish". I didn't want any baby animals or anything like that. I wanted bold colors and geometric prints. Now that he's here, I kind of laugh at myself because I wouldn't mind having some baby lions and giraffes in there :) He IS a baby after all!
The room was already painted this blue color and all of the furniture is from JC Penney, except the side table and the lamp, those are from Target.
It took me forever to find the bedding I wanted. I looked ALL over, high and low. I spent many a workday searching for the perfect bedding, ha! I finally decided on PolkaTot Designs. They only do baby bedding, you can customize it to your liking, and they have THE CUTEST fabric ever. You can specify every.single.detail, which was prefect for my over-controlling self! They also have pre-designed sets that you can order too, for the less demanding customer :) They are a bit pricey, but I convinced my husband to let me get just the smallest set, after all, it was for our first baby! Below is a picture of the bumpers the day we got them in the mail. They are all double sided, so the long sides are stripes on one side, dots on the other, and the short ones are giraffe on one side, and 'minky' brown on the other. (I really had to work on Lee to let me get the giraffe print, he was really against animal prints)
Here it is in his crib. We ordered the bumpers and the skirt, the sheet was just from BRU
The only thing I was disappointed about was the fact that because of the way the crib is made, you can't see the front bumper from the outside. I also wasn't thrilled about how thick the strings were to tie to the crib, very difficult and I loathe changing the sheet.
Here's a better view of the inside. My parents made him that puppy at Build a Bear before he was born :) He barks if you press his paw, haha
These letters are above his crib. I ordered the plain wood letters from a place online and I painted them all. It was so fun! The R is my favorite :)
I cannot tell you how much we use this glider! I didn't think we'd use it that much but we definitely do. I would have preferred a more furniture-like cushiony rocker chair, do you know what I'm talking about? But I don't know if I would have liked the low back that those have. This high-backed glider is awesome for those tired nights/mornings when you just need to lean your head back and close your eyes!
I ordered some extra fabric from PolkaTot Designs so that I could make a curtain and I had enough left over to make matching basket liners. All of those little clothes and things on his changing pad were to be packed in his hospital bag, oh that seems like so long ago!
This is the best picture I could get of the window treatment. We all know my camera isn't the best! This was the most difficult thing for me, I couldn't decide what I wanted it to look like, but I'm really happy with how it ended up! I DO wish that we had lined with with blackout lining because today, we have a huge blanket tacked over the window to make it dark in there because he goes to bed so early! Haha, it's ghetto.
I hope you like it! For me, it was kind of like my wedding; exactly what I wanted at the time but now I want to do it all over again totally differently! :)
September 21, 2010
I get my new computer today!!!!!
It’s a PC.
As in, NOT a Mac J
Right now, you might be saying “But Ashley, you were hell bent on getting a Mac, even when your husband told you that you shouldn’t.”
And yes, you’d be right!
It’s this personality flaw of mine, called stubbornness.
It’s hereditary on my dad’s side of the family.
I’m praying that Cooper doesn’t inherit it J
Anywho, I’M GETTING MY NEW COMPUTER TODAY!!!!
September 20, 2010
September 17, 2010
Anyway, the point is that I take a ton of pics with my camera and, for the most part, no one sees them. So I'm going to start posting a few pictures from my phone every Friday.
Today's theme: Newborn Cooper :) I know you're all surprised!
Just a few minutes old!
After he had his bath in the hospital. His hair was so fluffy and dark!
The day we went home from the hospital. I loved him in this little onesie, he was so tiny and cuddly :)
September 16, 2010
One of my VERY favorite bloggers, Ashley from Kiwis and Cocktails, tagged me in a question and answer game :)
1. If you won a free, expenses paid trip to any ONE country, which one would it be?
This is hard. Lee and I both really want to go to Australia. I also want to go to Europe, but Lee doesn't really have any desire to go there. So I will say Australia.
2. If you could redo college (undergrad) for free, would you choose the same degree?
NO NO NO NO NO!!!! NEVER!! I have an accounting degree. I'd either get an elementary ed or marketing degree.
3. Would you rather live in the City or the Country?
Country! I like it quiet!
4. Would you rather run 5 miles or bike 10?
Bike 10. Biking is so much easier than running and right now week 1 of C25K is killing me so I can't even fathom 5 miles at this moment.
5. Do you already have your future children’s names picked out?
No. And I'm not looking forward to deciding, just based on howfreakinglong it took us to agree on the Coopmeister. If we have a girl, I really do want a name that we were thinking about, but Lee wasn't sold on it.
6. Are you team Bill Compton or Eric Northman (If you don’t watch True Blood, you can skip this question)
Sadly we don't have HBO. I've read the first book and I really want to read the rest but I have been trying to finish New Moon since December so that tells you how long it will be before I start another book.
7. What is your favorite TV show?
Just one?! That's HARD! I love Glee and that's what I'm most excited about premiering next week so I'll go with that.
8. What do you think is the most important detail of a wedding, that you attend? For example, The DJ/band/music, cake, ceremony vows, main meal, open bar, etc?
BOOZE!! I'm not kidding :)
September 15, 2010
So lately I have been thinking about how we need to have it soon when it cools off a little, so Lee said I should ask my dad about it. Then Monday night, before I had a chance to say anything, my dad called me to tell me their neighborhood garage sale is Saturday. As in this Saturday, less than 5 days away! He said that he doesn't have enough time to get all their stuff together but wanted to let me know in case we could get ours together. And I said I was going to try! I don't know why I think I will be able to do this, as it is, I can barely stay awake until a decent bedtime hour after work!
The thing is, my parents live in a really large neighborhood, and there will be LOTS of traffic, so I really don't want to pass up the opportunity. And I'm a psycho about 'cleaning out' our rooms and closets like once a month or once every other month. Lee hates it when I start asking him when was the last time he wore this or that :) So I already have all of our stuff in piles and boxes, I just need to find all the piles and boxes and get it organized. I *think* I can do it. And all the big stuff like furniture and tv's are in a storage unit. Yes, we pay monthly for a storage unit because we have so much crap and such a small house! It's ridiculous and we really want to get rid of the stuff in there so we won't have that monthly expense.
The most difficult part for me will be pricing things. I've got NO idea what garage sale prices are.
September 14, 2010
I am finally getting to participate in Taylor's Top 2 Tuesday! I never get to my computer in time! This week is top 2 things you want to accomplish this year. I have WAY more than two, even though there are only a 3.5 months left in this year (that is crazy!), but I'll narrow it down to these:
1.Complete the Couch to 5K program!! I actually started this program LAST September-ish. About 3 weeks into it, I was shocked at how well it worked for me. I was NEVER a runner, and this was actually training me to be able to do something I never thought I could do. I was super excited! But then I found out I was pregnant, so of course I stopped. You know, because of the baby. Haha, yeah right! Any excuse to not work out, right? :)
Find a new job! This is a lofty goal because I'm not so sure this will happen before the end of the year. But it won't be for lack of trying on my part. It's extra tough because I'm trying to get out of my current field of employment. I want to do something very different so that's adding an extra layer of difficulty. I'm determined to find a job that I love though!
September 13, 2010
I fell asleep on the couch at 9 on Friday night. I was exhausted from the work week.
Saturday Lee went to Norman for the game, so it was just me and the buddy. He was in such a good mood all day and all smiles :) He also came thisclose to laughing for the first time! I played airplane with him on my legs for the first time and he LOVED it! So fun.
We also did a little of this
And quite a bit of this (love that little foot sticking out :) )
We also played with some new toys that we hadn't gotten out yet. Someone had given us this Baby Einstein toy that plays music and lights up and he was enamored with it each time I turned it on. It's his new favorite :)
At some point during the day, I made the huge feat of actually getting dressed and went to Target. What did I get you ask? An Assets camisole (by the makers of Spanx, but it's cheaper) that's supposed to firm your tummy flab. And brownie mix. Is something wrong with that combo? Sadly I wasn't impressed with the camisole. My tummy didn't really look any flatter, it just hid the jiggle a little more. And it rides up really easily and ends up rolled up around my waist and actually makes things look worse! I usually love their stuff so I was disappointed. Maybe a better solution is to lay off the brownies? But they're so goooood! :) I may or may not have eaten the whole pan by myself.
Sunday we went to brunch for Brooke's birthday. It was a surprise brunch and she was so surprised! Yay! I love surprise things and I'm glad that she had no idea :) At least I think she had no idea.This is what he spends the majority of his time doing. Shoving his fist in his mouth. And drooling everywhere!
This is more of what we were attempting!
After the brunch, we came home and I took a nap. I never do that but I was so tired for some reason. And I regretted doing it when I woke up. I felt so groggy and like I'd wasted my entire day, even though I really only slept for about 45 minutes. I did go to the grocery store so that was productive. AND I did my second C25K run, yay me! We made the Pioneer Woman's Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce for dinner. Oh.My.Gah. Ya'll, this was DELISH!! Run to make it! Really anything with a cup of cream in it is wonderful so you really can't go wrong :)
OH, I've also decided that I'm getting rid of my MacBook. I have finally admitted out loud that I hate it :( I feel like I'm crazy because EVERYONE loves their Mac, and also because I was SO determined to get one. But, when it comes down to it, I cannot figure out some of the major stuff that I use a computer for. And I know that I could TRY to learn, but I have tried to teach myself and that clearly hasn't worked, and I'm not spending hours at the Apple store to learn a darn computer when I could just get a PC and be done with it. Lee is not a fan of my decision but it is what it is.
Here's to hoping we all have a great week!
September 10, 2010
If you REALLY knew me...
- You'd know that I'm scared of the dark. Like terrified! A few weeks ago was the first time I'd ever stayed in this house by myself. I called Lee in the morning and said "I slept with the tv off!" Haha. If I'm alone I will sleep with the tv on, with the volume UP. And probably a lamp. But that rarely happens, because when faced with the possibility of being alone in the dark (i.e. if Lee is going to be out of town) I run to stay with my parents! I even feel soo bad about Cooper sleeping alone in his room in the dark, because the way I see it, if I'M scared, then he MUST be soo scared too, right?
- You'd know that I LOVE LOVE LOVE animals. I have a HUGE soft spot for them, mainly dogs, but recently cats too. No lie, if I could, I would live on a ton of land and pick up every single stray or abused animal and keep it.
- You'd know that, since Cooper was about 3 weeks old, I've had the FEVER. Baby fever. To have another one. RIGHT NOW!! Am I crazy? I've always wanted 4 kids. Lee wanted 2. So I compromised and we said we'd have 2, and MAYBE a third IF we agreed. And I was totally fine with that. But now? I'm getting out my boxing gloves because I'm fighting to have three! His birth was the best day of my life and I can't wait to do it again :)
- You'd know that, as much as I LOVE dogs, I have such little patience for mine now. They bark and wake up the baby and I really yell at them. And I feel really guilty about it :( Poor puppies
- You'd know that I am the most loyal friend you will ever have. And I will do anything for any of my friends!
- You'd know that I am a sugar-aholic. I'm addicted to anything sweet. Candy, cookies, brownies, cake, ice cream, you name it. I'd rather have a bag of cookies for dinner than anything else. And I can eat sugar all day and not get sick at all. I mean, not that I've ever actually done that...
- You'd know that I REALLY want to go on a game show and win just enough to pay off my student loans. That's all I want! My student loans are ridiculous. We could almost buy another house.
- You'd know that I act like a tough guy on the outside, but I'm really not one. I get my feeling hurt very easily.
- You'd know that ever since I had my car accident last year, I drive like a granny. And I NEVER make left turns anymore unless I'm at a light. And after I had Cooper, you can forget it! I drive so slow that I get passed left and right now, even by old people! Haha
September 9, 2010
And then I had the BRILLIANT idea to take the dogs with me. They LOVE to go on walks, and let's just be honest, they get little to no attention these days, so I thought they'd enjoy it.
Usually these dogs walk US. They can be walked around the entire neighborhood and back again and they are still pulling us around.
Well what the hell happened to them? Because today, they didn't even make it to the second run. The second ONE MINUTE AND 30 SECOND run! LOL. We must have been a sight to see. Me trying to jog, clutching my phone in one hand, practically dragging these two small, exhausted dogs in the other. (Let's not mention the fact that my shorts were totally up my crotch because my thighs now rub together in a major way) (wait, did I just admit that? ignore it)At one point I thought I needed to pick up Zoe and carry her because she was barely walking.
When I stopped to check Zoe, I looked over and saw this. Isabelle just laid down on a driveway!
Haha, I felt bad that I thought they could make the first run with me. Needless to say, this was a failed attempt and we went right home after the second run.
I'll try it again tomorrow, but this time, I'm going at it alone.
September 8, 2010
Today you are 3 months old! You're getting to be such a big boy!
You are such a good baby. You love to smile and 'talk' to us all the time. I love talking to you; you have LOTS to say :) One of your favorite things for me to do is sing The Itsy Bitsy Spider. You LOVE hearing it and smile almost immediately when I start singing it. Which is surprising to me because I am a TERRIBLE singer, seriously so bad. But you don't seem to notice that at all, haha.
You started sleeping through the night at about 9 weeks. We moved you to your own room shortly after that, and you have been doing great ever since. You didn't mind the transition at all. (I'm pretty sure I had a more difficult time than you did :) )We are SO grateful that you're such a good sleeper! Even before you slept through the night, you really only woke up once a night to eat, and you had been on that schedule since you were born. Your Daddy and I joke about how our next baby will never want to sleep since you've spoiled us so much! You go to bed pretty early, around 6pm, and you wake up between 5 and 6am. You usually eat and go right back to bed and sleep until 7:30 or so.
You are eating about 6oz. every 2.5 - 4 hours. We started giving you formula a few days ago and you've had no problem sucking it down! You love to eat. You get 2 bottles of breast milk and 3 bottles of formula a day. I haven't weighed you lately, but I think you are somewhere around 12 lbs. You are too long for most of your 0-3 month onesies and footy sleepers, but you can still wear 0-3 month separates. I've slowly started phasing in 3-6 month clothes.
You have always loved laying on your playmat, but recently you have really started to notice all of the animals, and especially the mirror. You now bat at the animals and grab onto them, and you talk to them as well. You also started to pay more attention to the mirror and animals hanging on your swing. It's so fun to watch you notice things for the first time.
You still move your legs constantly, which you have done since you were brand new. You love to bend them and stretch them out. You love for us to hold your legs up in the air and shake them, you give a little almost-giggle every time! You also love to keep your hands in your mouth at all times. You try shoving your entire fist in there frequently.
Last week, I went back to work. And while I miss you so much during the day, you've been staying with Poppa and I know you two are having a fun time together. You are so good for him. He takes you all over and I'm sure that he's enjoying this time with you more than you know!
Your Daddy and I love you so much Buddy. You have made us so incredibly happy these past 3 months and we are so excited to see what your fourth month brings!