September 2, 2010

Back to Work

Yesterday (Wednesday) was my first day back to work. I expected to dread going back, but oddly, I felt okay about it. I know, so weird, right? Especially since I don't particularly like my job. But, the days and weeks leading up to the end of my maternity leave, I just felt fine about going back for some reason. I think a lot of it was that I was just ready to get it over with. For the past 3 months, it was just looming over my head that staying home was only temporary and I knew I'd eventually have to go back. And I'm one of those people that likes to just rip the Band Aid off and be done with it. I've been surprisingly upbeat about work and I don't even dread going like I used to. I don't know what is up with me! That is very unusual.

The fact that I don't have to leave Cooper at a daycare with people we don't know definitely helped! He and my dad have been doing great together. Yesterday they were very busy. They went to Target and Babies R Us and then they went to a consignment store owned by a girl I went to school with. Of course Cooper came home with some new clothes :) The only thing is that I think Coop is having a little bit of a hard time adjusting to the change in routine. Both yesterday evening and tonight, he has been really tired when we get home from work, but he will NOT take a nap. Usually he is SO good about going right down when he's tired. I feel bad for him because I know he's really tired. He already goes to bed for the night pretty early, usually between 6 and 7, but yesterday we had to push it up to 5ish and tonight he took a nap from 5:15-6, ate, and then went right back to bed. Poor buddy. I think it will just take a little while for him to get used to the new schedule.

I will say that I'm so glad tomorrow is Friday! I have been exhausted when I get home in the evening! I'm glad I started on a Wednesday, and then next week only being 4 days because of the holiday is awesome too.

Oh, here's a funny story to show you all how ungrateful I can be. Usually on the day before a holiday (or the Friday before, if the holiday is on a Monday, like Labor Day is) we get an email saying that we can leave at 2pm. Well, the first time that happened, I was like, oh my gosh, that is so cool!! That never happened at my old job. Well, then Lee's work started letting them out at NOON on the day before holidays, so I was annoyed that we didn't get out at noon too, ha! Well, today, we got an email saying that tomorrow we can leave at 3pm. 3pm?! What happened to 2pm?! I forwarded the email to Lee and I said "This is crap! What happened to 2? I'm coming in late!" Haha. I know, I should just be grateful that we get to leave early at all :) (I usually get to work at 7 so I can leave at 4 and everyone else in the office gets there around 8:30 or 9, so a lot of the time when I know we're going to get an early leave, I come in at the later time so I don't feel gypped :) )

I hope everyone has a fun holiday weekend! We will of course be watching the OU game on Saturday. (Lee is a HUGE sports nut, and he is an even HUGE-ER OU fan. I couldn't care less about sports but I try to be nice and humor him) This will (obviously) be Cooper's first game, he has his outfit ready! I'm excited because we are going to make the Pioneer Woman's calzones and jalapeno poppers for the game! (I just wanted to add in some more parentheses)



Ashley @ KiwisandCocktails said...

Welcome back to work!
We get out at 3 PM on Fridays in the summer, and I got so swamped on Friday, I was at the office until 5 (normal time) and I was sooo pissed. Labor day means end of summer, so now no more early Fridays. boo.
I love how your dad took Cooper shopping!!

Meredith said...

And here I was excited about getting to leave 4p. WTF?! :)

In this wonderful life... said...

Glad your first day back wasn't too bad!