November 5, 2010

Phone Photo Friday

This is not the best picture ever, because, well, I was DRIVING while taking it. And I use the word 'driving' loosely, because we were travelling slower than a snail's pace.

I'm not sure if you can tell how far traffic is backed up from the picture, but it was over 3 miles that we were stuck like this. The arrow is pointing to where the traffic was still stopped all the way up there, and then for about a mile after that. And there were NO reports of it on any radio stations.

I was en route to pick up Cooper after a long day at work so you can imagine how annoyed I was. I was also highly annoyed at that GMC Jimmy in front of me whose breaks squeaked so.freaking.loud every time she pressed the brakes. Which was a.lot.
When I eventually got to the end of this mess, I saw that a car had rolled over. There was an ambulance, fire truck, and cop car. Yes, very sad and I hope everyone was okay. But you know what? NONE of that was actually ON the highway. The car was on an embankment and the emergency vehicles were on the shoulder. WHY was traffic backed up so badly? Looky Loos? Or do you say Rubber Neckers? I suppose that's what it was, because I couldn't make sense of anything else.

Anyway, happy Friday! Here's to hoping that none of YOU get stuck in this on your way home on a fabulous Friday!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yuck, no fun at all!

Ashley said...

I have to say, I dont miss that kind of traffic AT ALL! It takes Andrew FOREVER to get home on Friday nights because of traffic like that.