October 18, 2010

Weekend Wrap Up!

We had a pretty busy (but fun!) weekend. Sunday night was spent trying to catch up on laundry and housework, but I’ll admit that we just gave it up and went to bed at 8. We got 9 glooooorious hours of sleep!

This weekend was homecoming weekend for my alma mater. (I’ve never said or used the word alma mater, and now that I have, it makes me feel weird) Anywho, because of that, a bunch of friends that I rarely get to see were in town. And it was a good excuse to see friends that do live around here, too! I went to college in the town where I grew up and still live. Many of my friends moved away after graduation, so I love it when there is a reason for any of them to come into town.

Friday night, a group of us went to dinner at a local sushi place, and then headed over to a local bar for one of the homecoming activities. That activity would be drinking and talking. Fun! :) Our alumni committee reserved a part of the bar just for our alums, so we got to see and catch up with everyone. I went to a fairly small college so you pretty much know everyone. Since Lee and I are the old couple, we were the first ones to leave, around 11 I believe. I thought that was good for us, since I am usually a zombie by 9 or so.

This was also our first overnight away from Cooper :( He stayed with my parents. We went over to see him after work and gave him a bath. He was really good for them, and didn’t even wake up crying like he had been for us all week! I won’t lie, we tried to get them to come over to our house to watch him so that he could have stayed at our house, but that didn’t really fly with my parents. I don’t really blame them, it would be kind of ridiculous to bring him to our house when he could just stay at their house where he already was. And I’m pretty sure my parents don’t want to stay up until 11 pm waiting on us to get home.

On Saturday, my dad brought Coop home after he had woken up and eaten, so around 6am. That was the ‘compromise’ since they didn’t want to watch him at our house, my dad said he’d just bring him home early. Honestly, I could have done with sleeping in, but Lee was going to Norman for the OU game and wanted to see him for at least a little while. I also learned a valuable lesson Saturday morning. Apparently 2 glasses of wine and a martini over the course of 4.5 hours is way too much for a new mama who hasn’t had any alcohol in a while. I felt like I had gotten run over with a truck Saturday morning. So anyway, Lee left for the game and Coop and I went to have brunch with a group of my friends. That was fun because none of them had gotten to meet him yet :) Of course they loved him and took turns holding him, and he was a perfect angel. Seriously he was a trooper! He just hung out while we ate for a couple of hours and then walked around the shopping area for another hour and a half or so. Entertained himself with his favorite toy. He was exhausted by the time we left to go home and passed out in the car.

I opted not to go to the football game that night. The original plan was for me to go to brunch by myself then take Coop and Lee to the tailgate (still never going to the game because OU was playing that night and God forbid we miss an OU game). But, at the last minute, Lee decided to go to Norman, and I couldn’t (or didn’t want to) take Cooper to so many things that day. Plus, I think it worked out better this way. Everyone wanted to meet the buddy and it was better to do that over brunch than at a tailgate (that actually never happened!).

I *gasp* stayed alone Saturday night :( I HATE staying at home alone. I cannot sleep well at all, and I needed some sleep since I wasn’t feeling too hot from the night before. It’s not because I miss Lee so much or I think people will break in (which I do think that, but that’s not what really gets me). No, I’m scared of ghosts or made up things from movies. Samara, from The Ring? Yep, have visions of her standing in my doorway. Then I start thinking of every other scary movie I’ve seen and it’s just over. I need to get a grip! And once I had finally gotten to sleep, Cooper decided that it was fun time from about 1-3am. He NEVER does that. I think he was having, uh, gas issues. Haha. He wasn’t really that fussy though, just WIDE awake. He did sleep in until 6:30 as opposed to his usual 5 so that was nice of him.

Sunday we went to breakfast again to get one final goodbye before everyone hit the road. Then Lee got home and had some hang out time with Cooper while we did lots of housework. Or we layed on the couch. You decide whish is true.

It was a really fun weekend, but I was exhausted. The last 2 weekends have been busy, and I was looking forward to a quiet weekend next weekend. Until I realized that we have a wedding to go to. We are also going to the pumpkin patch!! Fun! :)


Lindsey said...

What a weekend! Sounds fun! Cute pics too@@

Sarah said...

Ha! I do the SAME exact stinkin' thing when I am home alone! I even do the weird jump into bed thing after turning out the light b/c there is probably something under the bed that wants to eat me!! I am glad I'm not alone!!

Ashley @ KiwisandCocktails said...

You look GREAT and glad you had a night out?? but 3 drinks and you were hurting?? eeks :)
I am home alone a lot and many of nights I get scared, but I get scared of scary people breaking in or wild animals Mostly of people coming to rob me, especially since I saw on the news this week that robberies are on the rise in our state! wahh.