October 27, 2010

Carrie Underwood Concert!

On October 10 (yes a week and a half ago, I am so behind!), Lee and I went to the Carrie Underwood concert. My parents got us tickets as part of both our birthday presents. It was our first evening away from Cooper, but we had a very trusted friend that took great care of him (while he slept :) )! Thanks Jenny! We had floor seats, which I usually don't like in the arena here, but they ended up being really good for her concert! Usually (I hadn't really been for a concert, just other events) you can't see a thing, but this time we could see everything going on.

We (well, I) don't really go to many concerts, so I don't have a lot to compare it to, but her stage was amazing. I loved all of the scenes, which is the only reason there are so many pictures here. I had to take a picture of each one. Believe it or not, I DID leave out a lot of the pictures I took! The only thing was that I didn't really like her choice of outfits. I was surprised because I usually love her wardrobe, but I was puzzled by most of what she wore. I'm sure she cares a whole lot what I think :) I'll spare you my commentary on each picture (except maybe a couple!), but we had a really great time!

She got in this truck and we looked up and noticed the track went right over our seats! We were so close! We found out that our section was mostly her fan club seating, so I'm guessing that's why her truck stopped right there while she sang a song and chatted for a little while. She was so sweet to the crowd!

I don't have her latest album, so when she sat at the piano (bottom left above) and sang Mama's Song, I'd never heard it. It was so sweet and they had pictures of her and her mom showing throughout the song, and then at the end they showed her and her husband at their wedding. Her mom was sitting in front of some of my co-workers in the audience, about 10 rows back or so :) I've since heard the song several times on the radio and it's my new favorite of hers. I just love her!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

WOW! Looks like she really puts on quite a show!!

jv726 said...

That looks like a ton of fun! I love the video for Mama's Song, if you get a chance you should watch it. It made me cry the first time I watched it. Its especially cute b/c her real mom and husband are in it! :) (the crying part could just b/c of the hormones ;))