Do you know anyone with the Swine Flu? I know several, and while I don't come into close contact with any of them on a daily basis, the other night I was wondering if I would get it this year. I haven't had the regular flu since 8th grade. I had to miss the Valentine's day dance! Heartbreaking. But, my parents did move a tv into my room so score for that!
So while I was talking with Lee about it, I actually began to think it would be a good thing if I got the swine flu! Here are my arguments:
1. I would miss work. Lots and lots of work. That, my friends, is never a bad thing!
2. I would get to lay in bed and cuddle with my puppies all day long, which is wonderful this time of year!
3. I would get to watch tons of tv, and maybe watch seasons of shows I've never seen but always wanted to (like One Tree Hill and Gossip Girl)
4. I'd probably lose weight. SCORE!
5. I wouldn't have the energy to go shopping for anything, so we would save money!
6. I would have an excuse to make people wait on me and for my dad to make me triple chocolate chip cupcakes and come clean my house! Wait! Would the triple chocolate chip cupcakes ruin my weight loss? hmmm...must think on that one.
7. I'm really good at being sick and pathetic :)
8. This might be the last flu season that I don't have kids, so I should really just get it over with and out of the way for the next 14 years.
I mean, come on, those are all great reasons to wish an illness upon myself, right?! Okay, i'm going to talk to the girl whose twins have the swine flu and breath very deeply and hope she coughs on me!