1. Determined. Once I get something in my head, I am absolutely determined to accomplish it, no matter what. And as quickly as possible. This relates to both work and personal stuff. As of late, it's mostly house things, you know, the bookcases and painting and basically re-decorating the entire house. I think it annoys Lee. Oopsie.
2. Loyal. Sometimes to a fault. I have had "friends" talk crap about me for being so loyal to others, but I really don't care. If you're my friend, I will fight for you, defend you, whatever, til the end of time.
3. Animal Lover. Is that a personality trait? I don't care, it's a huge part of who I am. I have such a soft spot for any animal. More so than for any human, it's almost not right. Those Sarah McLachlan commercials for animals kill me every time, I have to turn the channel. If it was legal, and viable, I would have a house on a huge plot of land and have at least one of every type of dog. Seriously. I talk to Lee about that dream all the time.
4. Sarcastic. Please don't tell me that this surprises you :)
5. Maternal. I have always been the "mom" of the group. I cook for everyone, clean for everyone, listen to anyone's problems, anything you need I'll do it. Even at my bachelorette party, I was sewing everyone's dresses when they were falling apart! And yes, two people's dresses started falling apart, so funny.
6. Stubborn. I just might be the most stubborn person you have ever met. I will NOT budge. And don't try and argue with me, because even if you DO change my mind, you'll never know it :)
7. Realistic. If you want to talk to someone who will tell you like it is, then come and talk to me. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for butterflies and rainbows, but if that's not how it is, then I don't pretend like it. That's not to say that sometimes I don't live with my head in the clouds. Everyone has to dream, right? :)
Okay, that's all about me. I'm supposed to tag 7 other people, but to be honest, I'm too lazy, so if you read this, consider yourself tagged! Unless you've already done this award before, then you're excluded!
I couldn't decide if I wanted to write a regular post in addition to the award, but while we're here, I thought that I'd talk about my current obsession. And it definitely is an obsession. Remember when I talked about those frames I wanted from Potterybarn to do a grouping of some sort? Well, I cannot get it out of my mind (See #1 above).
I went to PB yesterday to look around and found some other frames that I also liked, and then I was so totally confused as to what frames to use and what to do and maybe I should use some of each frame, and maybe I should do a finish other than silver, or maybe a combination of finishes and would I even like it once it was up because I HATE clutter and it might look cluttered so what should I DO????!
So, I dusted off the trusty graph paper and got to work. I found the dimensions of all of the frames I was considering, measured the wall and existing furniture and got to work. I tried so many different combinations that my head was spinning. When I got to this one, I knew I had it! Yay!! What do you think?
I ended up going with a combination of 2 types of frames. One with a thicker frame and less mat, and one with a thinner frame and a larger mat, but both in silver. As you can see, I actually got a marker out and drew the frame on each one. There were also some bronze frames, but it just didn't look good. At first I thought it might be a little too symmetrical, but I don't think I could handle anything that was more random, it would drive me nuts. Now I just need to get the frames. We'll be doing that one or two at a time because apparently you need to be a millionaire to buy a picture frame at PB.
Enough of that. I am SUPER excited because 1) this is a 3 day weekend, and 2) my BFF is coming to visit on Saturday!! Yay!! I haven't seen her since the wedding which is a really long time for us :) I am glad that we can just hang out and catch up and NOT have a conversation about the wedding, since this will be the first time in so long that we have hung out and NOT done wedding things.
I hope you all have a fab holiday weekend!!