August 19, 2009

Way Back Wednesday

Even I'm surprised that I'm actually doing this 2 weeks in a row! Yay for WBW!

This is the very first night that Lee and I met. We had probably only known each other for about 1 hour at the most. :)
We met on Thursday, April 20, 2006 at Gray Snail, a bar in Tulsa. Oh, what's that? You want to hear the whole story of our meeting and how we started dating? Well, okay then.

I was in grad school, and I had recently (like 2 months before) broken up with someone and was seriously having the best time of my life doing whatever I wanted and going out pretty much every night with my friend Casey (You can see her in the picture, with her arm in the air :) ) I was absolutely not looking to date anyone. The very first time I saw Lee, he walked into the bar, and I thought wow, he's tall. He also had big arm muscles, although you can't tell here ;) I'm not much of a muscle-lover, but I do like big arm muscles. So anyway, I noticed that he was hanging out with casey's boyfriend (at the time) and his friends, so basically, I went over there and was talking to all of them, and soon it was just me and Lee. I also found out that he worked/was friends with a guy that I went to college with, David, who also showed up at the bar that night.

The next day was Friday, and a group of us girls usually went to the Mazzio's pizza buffet for lunch on Fridays. So we were all talking about going the next day. David and Lee said that they would come too. So we're in line at Mazzio's, and sure enough, there come Lee and David walking in! I was like crap, I totally forgot / didn't think that they would even come. Mary (my bff) of course started making fun of me and calling him my boyfriend (no we were not 12, just acting like it!), so I tried not to be awkward, but Lee still to this day says that I was kind of rude to him. Oops. That night, Casey's roommate had a party, and she and I were needing to get out of there (not exactly our crowd). So, we went to hang with her boyfriend and his friends. They just happened to be at the house Lee shared with 2 roommates! So we hung out that night, and every single night after that for like 5 months! We seriously saw each other every single day for a long time. So, that's the story. Nothing too exciting, just funny how things really do happen when you least expect them to. :)

4 comments:

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

Aww. What a cute story!

Sweet Simplicity said...

I love when people share their how we met stories!

Hailey {HRH} said...

what a cute story! now you have my craving pizza though...

Meredith said...

For what it's worth, I love "how we met" stories. And it seems like the best ones start in April (but perhaps I'm biased). :)