April 12, 2012

Thursday Randoms

We are getting out of work early today to go bowling.  There will be a tater tot bar and free beer. I can’t wait :)

My house is a complete mess disaster, and has been for the past month or so.  We just have not had the time to clean it, or we haven’t made the time. Either way, it’s driving me crazy.  I feel like I’m going to have to take a day off of work just so I can stay home and clean.

Yesterday, Cooper was riding his trike around the block (which is super cute, btw), and he got really distracted by our neighbor’s power wheels truck (that he is obsessed with) and he chose to ignore us and ran across the street and IN TO her garage to get on the power wheel.  Well, you can imagine it was complete meltdown city when we took him away, he was flailing and screaming at the top of his lungs, and ALL of the neighbor kids were out and they were staring like “WHAT the HECK?!”.  I felt like this was the greatest method of birth control ever, and had the sudden urge to yell at them all “THIS is what you get when you have sex, DON’T do it!!”  Haha. 

I started taking anti-anxiety meds again, which I hadn’t taken since I got pregnant.  Whoa.  I’m am a MUCH better person on them.  I wish I wouldn’t have waited so long to get back on them.  I didn’t think I needed them anymore, but I was wrong.

Cooper’s birthday is in 2 months, and I have just about everything for his party.  I am pretty impressed with myself.  I am trying to not do too much this year.  We’ll see how that works out.

I can’t believe it’s already mid-April.  I swear time goes by faster every year.

Every few months, I start feeling like I should be staying home with Cooper.  So I go through our finances and everything to see if it would work, and of course it wouldn’t, so then I start calculating what would happen if I worked part time, then I wonder if I could do my current job part time, etc.  It goes on for a couple of weeks.  There are just so many factors involved.  I would love to just work part time, but part of me is scared to do that, financially.  Hopefully we can get my student loans paid off and then seriously consider it.

I’ve been reading Heaven is for Real.  I’m about halfway through it, and I LOVE it.  The things this little boy saw, incredible.

I recently stumbled across this site, via Pinterest.  They have TONS of meal planning resources, including monthly meal plans that are freezer friendly, and several “specialty” plans for different types of eaters.  The menus are seasonal, so they utilize what you can find fresh in your grocery store.  You can even put in how many servings you want to make for each meal and it will calculate it accordingly!  I haven’t used it yet (I just found it yesterday) but I definitely plan to use it soon.  I really need to get back into pre-prepping meals once a month.

2 comments:

Sweet Simplicity said...

What a fun work day!! I love that Cooper ran into their garage. So funny!

Ashley said...

I like how the anxiety issue came up right after the part about him going into the garage across the street! lol. OH gosh. I have not been working on the bday stuff and need to get back to it!! I have so much to do. I know what you mean about staying home...sometimes I feel that way, but at the same time, I want to get ahead financially and in life...and have the money to take her on trips and to do activities and that wouldnt work on one income. bla.