November 13, 2009

Why can't I just keep my mouth shut?

I knew that I shouldn't have talked about it so much. But it was a common first question from anyone that knew. And it's not that I was bragging, because I really wasn't. Not at all. I was actually really surprised, especially given my [digestive] history. So I should have known it was coming. And it did. In full force this week. Yes, my friends, the vomiting has ensued. Bleh. Everything I eat just comes right back up. And in a very violent way. I did not expect this to start in week 10 but here we are, and it's okay. Obviously all for a very good cause. I had heard some nonsense that the vomiting doesn't actually make you feel better when pregnant, but that was a lie. I actually have welcomed it because it does make me feel better. So, um...thank you?There. I talked about vomit for a whole paragraph. And that was the first and perhaps, but not likely, the last time I do it.

I'm wearing a bella band today. Uh, I don't like it. Sorry but wearing something that is sorta tight around your stomach when you're already not feeling well doesn't really feel that comfortable. I keep messing with it. And it lands at a weird place that is very unflattering to my hips and thighs. And I don't need any help making that area look unflattering :) Oh well. It is better than the rubber band thing so I'll deal. And I don't feel like I have to pee 24/7 because I've pushed my tight waistband down to where it presses on my bladder, so that's good. I bought maternity pants last night, and I'm buying a few more things today online. Not that I necessarily need them yet (well yes, I do need the work pants actually) but I have that 30% off Gap coupon that I'm sure everyone and their mom has. Even Lee got one and he never shops at the Gap. Anyway, I'm going to take advantage of the 30% off while I can. And it's an excuse to buy stuff :)

Today is my mom's birthday! Yes, Friday the 13th! Actually it's on a Friday fairly often. I mean, at least once every 7 years, right? Anyway. We are randomly going to Toby Keith's I Love This Bar. My dad picked it, haha. Whatever I don't care. The menu is weird though. Or maybe it's not and I just didn't see anything I liked and thought that was weird. Anyway, Lee is really excited and he's been talking about it for like 3 days about how he's excited to go there. We're simple people.

Other than that, I don't know what we're doing this weekend. Lee's friend is in town so he will be with the guys pretty much all day Saturday. I want to put up the Christmas tree but I am almost 100% sure that will not happen. I keep telling myself that I will sweep and mop the floors and clean my neglected bathroom, but in reality I'm not sure it will happen. When we told my parents that I was pregnant, we started talking about how it was hard on Lee because I couldn't cook anymore. Hell, I couldn't even go in the kitchen. I still can't open the fridge. Anyway, I pretty much (used to) cook dinner every single night so poor Lee. He was confused! Haha. The man cannot cook to save his life. Well, I should say he will not cook. So in an effort to keep him from eating hamburger helper and frozen corn dogs every night (yes, that's what he will eat when there is nothing presented to him) my dad said that he would make some stuff and bring it over for Lee (he is spoiled in my opinion). AND, my dad also mentioned cleaning the house for me. Uh, yes please!! Well, he has been bringing Lee a casserole of some sort once a week, but he hasn't made one more mention of cleaning the house for me!!! What's the problem?! I'm growing a human being in my body and Lee's just living his normal life and he's the one that gets special treatment? That is very unfair! ;)

I hope today goes by fast! This week has lasted 100 years!

9 comments:

Short Southern Momma said...

You poor thing! I second the unfair motion. Somebody needs to be rubbing your feet or something girl! My hubs is totally spoiled when it comes to food and meals...he got a wake up call pretty quick after I went postal on him one day...so he had learned pretty fast. {either he is just a natural or he has been too dang lazy to help me these past 10 years....hummm?} Hope you have a great weekend! xoxo

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

OMG! I missed your Tuesday post!! CONGRATS!! Sorry about the morning sickness....at least you're feeling a little bit better!

Kaitlin said...

So sorry you're not feeling too hot...I couldn't go in the kitchen for awhile either and Steve definitely had to make dinner. Lee's lucky to have your dad!! And, the Bella band is sort of uncomfortable- I should have mentioned that worn for extended periods of time it begins to feel more like a corset! But, it allowed me to hold off on maternity clothes for a while :) Have a good weekend! Thanks for the comments on the nursery/b-day!

Suzanne said...

Ugh men! Sorry about the morning sickness doll. Just know that it will pass before you know it (or at least so I hear).

Ashley @ KiwisandCocktails said...

I had to google what a Bella Band is! ha. interesting. ehh, the sickness does NOT Sound fun!!! That scares me.

katandkarl said...

have you tried on the secret fit maternity pants? i shelled out some cash and bought them in black and gray for work and they were SUPA comfy.... more so later when you get, uh, larger. :) i bought them at motherhood i think? anyway they go all the way up under your boobies which sounds weird but is way comfy and doesn't leave that annoying line where some maternity pants cut you...

Jax said...

Icks on the sickiness, love. But, glad it's making you feel better in between the sickness. and you totally said what I've always thought about the bella band! I totally had no idea how that would be comfy!

Mrs. Dew said...

I missed that announcement! OMG congrats!!!

Windy City Kelley's said...

Hi~ Jax told me about your blog and it's adorable! I could not agree with you more about the Belly Band. I liked wearing it at first but now that I'm getting bigger it makes it hard to breath. I am a fan of the Old Navy Maternity stuff if you have that around you, it's cheap and comfy. :)