November 3, 2009

I need advice!

Does anyone subscribe to Netflix? I go back and forth about wanting it. We definitely don't watch a ton of movies. Lee gets bored. But I like movies. And now Netflix has television shows and I really want to watch True Blood. I've even considered getting HBO just so I can watch True Blood. As it is, we usually purchase an On Demand movie about once a month and those things are around $6 each (for the HD ones) and that seems like a lot to me. And I figure if we got Netflix, it might be a little more but we'd get to watch more than one movie a month! How long does it take to get a new DVD when you send one back? My life is hard and this is the most pressing matter. Well, that and whether or not it's too early to put up the Christmas tree! :)

I really wanted to wait until I had a picture to go with this story, but I keep leaving my camera at home. Lee took 2 sweaters to the dry cleaners (Yale in case you live in the Tulsa area because I don't care talking crap about them!) last week, a black crewneck and a gray wool half zip pullover (that looks good on him too!! :) ). They were both from banana Republic, so they were not cheap. Well, on Friday he pulled out the crewneck to wear to work. It had a hole in the sleeve! He was really angry. I thought it sucked but I wasn't crying about it. Then that night, he was changing before we went out and he pulled out the gray sweater. I heard him yell and then he was cussing up a storm in the bedroom, which he doesn't cuss often. I ran in there and the sweater looked like it was a little boys size!! You would laugh if you saw it! And Lee is not a small man, so this sweater had been HUGE before! I wore it once and it went almost to my knees. I could NOT believe it! It is completely unwearable. We have often said that we shouldn't keep going to these particular cleaners because I have heard of things happening there, not to mention I'm pretty sure that they lost one of his white button downs last year. AND a girl at work told me that they once gave her outfit to some other customer on accident! What is wrong with these people?! For some reason we just kept going there! Well, obviously not anymore. What got me is that they knew that they ruined the gray sweater, there is no way that they didn't notice that! And they didn't say anything to him when he picked them up!! He was really really angry about it. I pretty much hate them now and if Lee doesn't call like he said he would, they are going to have a very irate woman storming in there demanding that they pay to replace the sweater. Boo to you Yale Cleaners. A couple of different people have already recommended somewhere else, the same place, so we're going to start going there instead.

6 comments:

Ashley @ KiwisandCocktails said...

Um, do you read my blog lady? I have talked about this. haha. Just kidding. I got Netflix just to watch True Blood. If I put the DVD in the mail today, I will have a new one in my mail Thursday. So, you go one day without a DVD. When I lived in the City, it was the NEXT DAY! So, I live in the woods now, so I can't imagine it taking longer than it does for me right now.
I only get one DVD at a time for 9.99 a month. I got a month for free- make sure you get the first month free. You really can cancel within the month. I did that before.
I am watching Entourage now on Netflix.

{lauryl} said...

We love netflix. We actually cancelled our cable lately b/c we both work too much and just don't have time to watch TV- plus paying $75 a month for cable that we didn't watch seemed ridiculous. So we netflix it up. It usually takes two days in between dvds- one to mail to them and one for them to mail the new one back to us. We can do two at a time. But the best part is the "watch it now" streaming option. We connected our computer to our big-screen television, and can watch basically anything we want (including most tv shows) any time we want. The quality is really fabulous and we lovelovelove it! Highly recommend.

Hailey {HRH} said...

i have a friend that uses it and swears by it! we have a red box thats really close to us so we just us that. but i hvae considered it for the HBO stuff. and you can even get workout videos!

Suzanne said...

Netflix is amazing! We spend $10 a month to get unlimited DVD's (one at a time). If we send in a DVD on Monday, we get a new one on Wednesday. It is fabulous. It was Bryan's birthday present over a year ago.

brooke knight said...

We just get one netflix at a time and that way we can still get the on demand movies from time to time...we love it - it only takes about two days max to get the next movie. and you DEFINITELY have to watch true blood from the beginning. it's too soapy to just jump right in. we lurve it.

Simply Me said...

we love it!!