August 20, 2012

First Day of School

Technically, he didn’t have a summer break, but Cooper started a new school today.  The school he goes to now follows the schedule of a typical elementary or middle school and the kids all move up to a new class in August of each year.  So, they were all starting in a new class today.

While I am sad that he had to leave his friends at his old daycare, I know that this is what’s best for him.  His new school is actually a private Christian school that has programs for infants through middle school.  It is structured much better and they seem to be much more organized and focused on learning.  He has an awesome teacher and I know he will love it.

Picture 005

{He refuses to wear anything other than his crocs :/ Choosing my battles for now :) }

Picture 011

This sign would have been a better idea if he would actually stand still

 

Some outtakes:Picture 008    Picture 006

He cried when I left, but a minute after I left the room he stopped.  I hope he has a great day!  When we went to meet his teacher last week, he tore the room up playing with everything and we had to force him to leave after about 30 minutes, so I think he will have a good time :)

4 comments:

Megan said...

He is so stinking cute!!! Glad you found a new school that you like!

Courtney Byrne said...

Just found & started following your great blog! My oldest starts preschool next month & I love seeing pictures of kids heading off to school!

www.thechirpingmoms.com

Jax said...

Vacuuming, mowing, and reading.. Love it! So adorable! I just want to squeeze him!

katie@tulsadetails said...

These pictures are priceless! He is just too cute! Hope he had a great first week!!!