April 20, 2011

5 years

5 years ago today, it was a Thursday, and ladies’ night at a local bar. I was inside chatting with a group of friends, and I looked across the room to the door, and in walked this tall, dark, and handsome man :) (Truly; I remember that!)

Imagine my delight when I realized that he was there with a bunch of guys with whom my friends and I all knew and hung out with regularly. Anyway, we got to talking, totally hit it off, and have been inseparable ever since.

{the night we met}


Even though he texted me that night, which I thought was so weird (hello Ashley, you were used to dating losers and a-holes); and even though he acted awkward at lunch the next day*, when we realized we had even more friends in common, as neither one of us knew the other would be there. :)

So, to Lee, thank you for coming into my life and sweeping me off my feet. I love you :)

*For the record, if you were to ask him, he would say that I was the one who acted awkward, haha :)

7 comments:

katie@tulsadetails said...

So sweet!!! Happy 5 years!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

so cute!!! Happy 5 years!!!

Jane said...

I definitely think I know your husband somehow. He looks SO familiar! I mean ... I know I know him but I don't know how!

Ashley said...

I LOVE LOVE how you have a picture of the 2 of you the night you met!! How special. Happy 5 years :) You know what is funny- yesterday marked 5 years since my friend met her now husband- and they are due to have a baby any day. They also met at a bar :)

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

awww, that is so cute! happy 5 years!!

Jenny DB said...

Happy 5 years! That's cute you guys have a pic from the first night you met!!!

Katie @ Modern-Day Family said...

Aw I love tis story! Happy 5 years to you two! (as you can tell I'm so behind on blogs! But I'm finally getting caught up!)