April 19, 2011

3 Day Weekend

We had another busy weekend.  I feel like our weekends have been busier than usual lately for some reason.  I think a LOT of it has to do with having to constantly keep our house clean.  We are not dirty or messy people, but with a baby, and several craft projects that I always have going at once, it’s a lot to keep under control!

On Saturday, Lee went to Norman for something football related.  I think.  I can never keep up with that stuff!  So, Cooper and I headed over to Jessica’s to try and help get their house ready to sell.  Since I learned firsthand how much work that is. I was happy to help!  Mr. Teething Baby, however, had other plans.  Poor Bubba.  He has been SUPER clingy to me for the past week or so.  And when I say that, I mean I am either holding him, or interacting directly with him for every single waking hour, quite literally.  He is usually so good about entertaining himself!  But not since these teeth started coming in.  He demands his Mama.  Sooo, I was basically zero help to Jessica, and after attempting to paint with a brush in one hand and a 23 lb baby in the other, I just called it quits.  At least we got to hang out and chat for a little while.  And Cooper got some loving from her girls, that was cute!

After we left Jess’ we went home and Cooper (who totally crashed in the car, on a less-than-5-mintue drive) took a three hour nap!  Unheard of!  Maybe we should go visit more often!  When sleepy pants woke up, we headed to Jenny’s for some Easter egg dying.  We had fun chatting while the boys played.  We dyed eggs (we=Mamas!) then ate, and all of the boys about had meltdowns, so that was fun.  Coop and I left before even decorating the eggs, so he could get a bath and see Dada for a little bit.  And then Cooper decided that he should stay up until 9pm.  I’m telling you, he’s turning into a party animal.

Sunday, Cooper woke up at 5am, despite his late bedtime.  Yippee!  So we lounged around, chugged some coffee, and did a whole lot of nothing.  That afternoon, we went to look at about 10 houses.  Ask me if we liked any.  Go ahead.  Nope.  We didn’t!  So frustrating.  I think, at this point, we have looked at about 20 houses. (I might do another post on all this later.  Get excited!)  Anyway, after a disappointing search, we hung out with my parents, who had been babysitting, searched some more online for houses, had dinner, and then left to get home and get the boy in bed.  Luckily, he didn’t care for a late night (for him) party session that evening.

Luckily that was not the end of my weekend!  I took yesterday off work, so I had a 3 day weekend!  I’ve really never had a problem with going back to work after Cooper was born, but for some reason the past month has been pretty hard for me.  I’d been trying to take a day off for a few weeks, and finally got to this week!  And, when we got up yesterday, what did I spy?  Another tooth popped through his gums!  He now has TWO teeth!  So, that definitely explains all of his recent clingy-ness.  This second one has given him more trouble than the first, but it might also be because the first is still coming up.  We did some grocery shopping, where he is always Mr. Social with the women who work there.  Even though he was a little grumpy, he gabbed and even flashed some smiles.  Enough that they noticed those new pearly whites!  The rest of the day, we did lots of laundry, made a Target run (always necessary on any non-working day), and visited Dada at work.

At some point during the day Monday, our realtor told me that we had an offer on the house!  I was seriously shocked.  We have had pretty good traffic the entire time it’s been on the market, and one person has come back twice, and almost came a third time while we were house hunting on Sunday.  But still, I was very surprised to hear that we had an offer.  I think that was about mid-day, so we had to wait around all afternoon to meet with the realtor.  I had a HOLY SHIT moment, but resumed back to normal fairly quickly.  For Lee, I’m sure it was pure torture.  He can’t stop analyzing things!  Anyway, we met that evening, and the offer turned out to be great, and after a tiny bit of negotiating, we SOLD THE HOUSE!!  I can’t believe it.  The good thing (for us) about this offer is that the buyer cannot close until June.  We actually don’t have a firm date at the moment, but it could be as late as the last of June.  So we have some time to find something.  I’m hoping and praying that something pops up soon, because we have seriously looked (online) at every single house in the area we want to move.  We celebrated the sale by not picking anything up around the house last night or this morning; the house looks like a tornado hit it!  Haha


Kaitlin said...

Hooray for the sale of your house!! I know that's got to be one huge relief...And, that's awesome you guys have some time to search. We have some friends who literally had like a week to find a house or else. And, yay for little teeth :)

Suzanne said...

Congratulations on selling the house! That is awesome :) Such a relief and wonderful that you have time to look for a new house. Congrats!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

yay for selling the house!!! That's got to be a huge relief!!!

Ashley @ KiwisandCocktails said...

That is awesome that you sold it!!! I hope you find something soon that you LOVE! :)
And, Cooper is going to have a full smile pertty soon at this rate. I liked reading that you didnt have a hard time going back to work after coop was born. I hope I go back without having a breakdown