August 13, 2010

2 Months

Dear Cooper,

Last week, you turned 2 months old! I can't believe it, yet at the same time, to your daddy and me, it feels like you've been here forever. We just can't imagine our lives without you! You make us so very, very happy.
At your 2 month check up, you weighed 10lbs, 14oz (24th %) and you were 23.5 inches long (66th %). You are long and skinny! I told you that I was a little jealous :) You also got 3 shots and an oral vaccination. You did NOT like it at all. You cried your first real tears :( I shed quite a few myself. But let's move on from that; that is not a milestone that I want to remember!
We are still exclusively breastfeeding, and I am so glad that we've made it this far! I've had a couple of weeks of self doubt, but we plowed through. You still eat pretty often, every 2 hours and 15 minutes, on the dot! I swear I could set a clock by your feeding schedule. Every once in a while you will go a little longer, but that doesn't happen very often, and that's okay. I stopped eating dairy and this has helped you immensely! It's like you're a whole new baby some days!

We have started calling you Coopie, haha! I'm not sure how much you will like that when you get older, but right now that's pretty much all I call you. Oh, and I call you Buddy a lot, because you are my little buddy :)
At about 5 weeks, you gave us your first smile! I can't tell you how excited we were to see that! And then you didn't do it again for us for a couple of weeks. We did everything we could to get another smile out of you, but you just looked at us like we were crazy! Finally when you were about 7 weeks, you started to smile more and more. (about the same time I stopped eating dairy) I figured out that if I put you in front of the mirror, you would smile so much! Now you smile at us all the time and it just melts our hearts! You even make a little cooing sound when you do it, and I suspect that it's the beginning of your little laugh. I can't wait for that!
You also started to enjoy being read to, finally! I have tried and tried to read to you, but up until the last couple of weeks, you wouldn't have it. You would always start crying! Haha. And finally, one morning, I pulled a book out, and you actually enjoyed it! You rarely actually look at the book, but that's okay, I'll take what I can get :)

You absolutely LOVE to look at ceiling fans and lights of any kind. You can entertain yourself for quite a while just laying on the bed watching the ceiling fan. You also love to take any kind of 'medicine'. Whether it's Mylicon, gripe water (your personal favorite), or Tylenol, as soon as the dropper hits your lips, you get so still and open your mouth up wide! It's so cute. If you've been crying, you immediately stop. It makes me think of how fun it will be when you can start eating solids.
We took our first (and only so far) walk around the neighborhood when you were about 7 weeks old. I put you in your stroller without your carseat (because you really don't like your carseat) and I leaned it back as far as I could. You LOVED it! You were so content and really watching everything, it was so cute. I am really anxious for it to cool off a little so we can enjoy many more walks together.
You suddenly love to be swaddled now! I have tried off and on to swaddle you since you were born, but you always used to hate having your arms down, you loved to sleep like you were "under arrest" as I called it :) But one night, you couldn't sleep and you were flailing around, so I tried to swaddling you again, and you calmed down instantly! We now swaddle you all the time, for both naps and when you go to bed at night, and it's working out great! I love to call you my little burrito baby, you just look so cute all bundled up. You have always been a very good sleeper at night, but now you sleep awesome, for about 11 hours from 8pm to 7am. You wake up twice to eat, usually around 2 and then again around 5:30 and you go right back to sleep when your finished. We are still working on getting you to nap during the day though...

Your daddy and I love you so so much, Buddy. You have brought us so much joy the past two months, and we know that there is so much more to come!
Love,
Mama








2 comments:

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

He is such a cutie!! I love burrito babies. :)

Ashley said...

Aw, I love it! And he is getting so big next to his teddy bear! Glad the no dairy helped him!