April 13, 2010

Ahhh Productivity!!

If there's one word I would NOT use to describe the majority of this pregnancy, it would be productive! However, I have turned the corner (somewhat) in the past few weeks. Hooray!!

We picked out carpet last month, and it was installed last week. I cannot explain to you how happy the carpet makes me, it's kind of sad really. Our house was built in the 50's, and in our neck of the woods, that means that it (most likely) has original hardwood floors. When we moved in, there was carpet in the bedrooms. I didn't understand why anyone would cover up hardwoods! Even if they did need to be refinished, I was okay with that. Lee was NOT in agreement with me. He didn't want to pull the carpet up at all. He was convinced that the hardwoods would be in poor condition. Have I ever mentioned how stubborn and hard headed I am? Um, yeah. I am REALLY stubborn and hard headed. So one day after about a year of being in the house, I decided to pull up the carpet in the office. The floors were not a complete disaster, but they definitely could have been better. So, I moved on to the master bedroom, still against Lee's will. Well, in the words of my dear friend Jackie, WHOA em gee. The hardwoods were terrible to say the least!! Lesson learned. Sometimes Lee is right. (I mean, not often, but sometimes) That put a halt to my carpet pulling up and I left the guest bedroom alone. Last week I found out that that was a MARVELOUS decision, I'll show you why!

So for the past 18 months or so, I have hated living with these disastrous hardwoods and we kept going back and forth between carpet or refinishing. I cursed them everyday. So lsat Thursday was a WONDERFUL day!! I have never been a fan of carpeting, but I LOVE this carpet. LOVE IT!! I feel like we moved to a different house, and it makes the rooms look a lot bigger, so that's a fun bonus.

Here are some before and afters:

Master Bedroom Before, not the best picture (we do have a real bed, but this is what we slept on the night before bc they were supposed to come at 8am to install. What time they actually came is a different story)

Office Before:
Office After:
Guest Room/now Cooper's Room. That is lime green and cream LINOLEUM!!! SO glad I didn't pull the carpet up in there!!
Cooper's Room After:

In addition to the carpet, we have been cleaning out closets and rooms and organizing our hearts out. I'm not sure if this is nesting, because I used to do this stuff pre-pregnancy all the time, but I sure am happy that I have my motivation back! We have also been working on getting the bookcases we built a year ago finished. We are having cabinet doors made for them right now, so we're just waiting for those to come in and then we can wrap up that project!

Cooper's bedding comes in tomorrow and I am so excited to see it!! I ordered it from a place online that does custom bedding so I have yet to see it in person. I hope it turned out like what I have envisioned. I plan on doing a post about his room when it's all finished. And at the rate we're going, that will be approximately 7 weeks after he is born :)

No comments: